Tour of Firefox 3 Beta 2

Firefox 3 Beta 2 has just been released with about 900 improvements from the last beta, according to these release notes. Updates include anti-virus integration, malware protection, one-click site information check, resumable downloading, tab saving on exit, one-click bookmarking, and much more. Now, I couldn’t really show you everything included in the Firefox 3 Beta 2 release, so I decided to just give you a tour of things that you’ll see almost immediately after downloading it. I’m definitely impressed so far. Be sure to read the release notes for a full explanation. Here’s my screencast tour of Firefox 3 Beta 2:

Flash Demo3m44s

Tags:

No Responses to “Tour of Firefox 3 Beta 2”

1. Syahid A December 30, 2007 at 3:31 am #

Just what I need. Thanks.

2. Tams December 22, 2007 at 4:30 pm #

@ turvyc: or ctrl+pg up/pg dn

Handy when you have a small, crammed keyboard.

3. turvyc December 20, 2007 at 9:34 pm #

@ bligoo: Wow!!! Thank you so much! you have really made my surfing experience a bajillion times better. best tip EVER! Party on!

4. Peter December 20, 2007 at 8:23 pm #

Yes I have the one click star in my address bar. I have used it but still no places folder. Could this be a bug? I am using a macbook pro with Leopard installed.

5. frmad December 20, 2007 at 6:42 pm #

This post is very hot, it is high ranked at http://www.adminor.info (daily weblog, weblog post ranking site)

6. demogirl December 20, 2007 at 11:55 am #

@ Peter – The “places” and “smart bookmarks” should automatically be installed in your bookmarks toolbar. Do you have the “one-click” bookmark star in your address bar?

7. bligoo December 20, 2007 at 11:39 am #

For Turvyc
    try ctrl Tab and/or ctrl + (number of the tab)
    and you are done :-)

8. Αποστόλης December 20, 2007 at 11:38 am #

I use Opera and I’ m very pleased.I think that Opera is the best

9. Peter December 20, 2007 at 11:33 am #

I have downloaded Beta 2 but do not see the places folder you show in the video. Am I missing something? Do I have to enable it? Can’t seem to find it in preferences.

10. turvyc December 20, 2007 at 11:24 am #

There’s one cool feature I’ve always wanted for firefox — a keyboard shortcut for switching between tabs, kinda like an alt-tab idea, just for the tabs in one firefox window — is it on here?

11. DespairsRae December 20, 2007 at 11:16 am #

More beta features? :o Greeaat another downloading time. V.v
    I hope this proves just as good as 2.0 or better.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Software Beta em Estado de Arte « Samael - January 13, 2008

[...] americana chamada Molly McDonald fez um screencast do novo Firefox, o que é um screencast? Pra você entender bem é melhor visitar o website dela: DemoGirl. Já [...]

2. Top blogs, hot posts 12/21/2007 7:37:16 AM « conduong.co.cc - December 22, 2007

[...] Tour of Firefox 3 Beta 2 Firefox 3 Beta 2 has just been released with about 900 improvements from the last beta, according to these release […] [...]

3. Firefox 3 Beta 2 | Tak programistycznie, in Polish and English - December 21, 2007

[...] pojawiła się nowa wersja beta Firefox`a, trafiłem na tą informację poprzez jeden z blogów. Muszę przyznać, że Mozilla postarała się i dodali parę użytecznych drobiazgów do wersji 3. [...]