Mixwit – Because Mixtapes Rock

Mixwit allows you to create a playlist of your favorite music and display it like an old skool mixtape.  It’s a bit like previously mentioned, Mixaloo, except this service is completely free.  You can do a music search right from the site and then fully customize the way your tape looks.  They have some retro skins to choose from but you can also upload your own artwork or use their template to create your own skin.  After you create your mix, you can send the link to friends or post it on your blog or social networking site.  Here’s my screencast tour of Mixwit:

Click Here To Watch The Screencast 2m24s

Want this screencast on your site?  Click here to get the code for this and other DemoGirl screencasts!

[via TechCrunch]

Tags: , , ,

No Responses to “Mixwit – Because Mixtapes Rock”

1. road trip planner May 18, 2009 at 1:44 pm #

For me the hardest part is finding the music. But the widget is nice.

Speaking of which – has anyone taken one of these old cassettes and crammed and mp3 player inside?

2. Don October 2, 2008 at 2:37 pm #

How can I save my play list to the hard drive

3. poochie August 21, 2008 at 6:08 pm #

hello,

I’ve made a mix tape and want to load it onto my tumblr blog but am not having much luck….any advice appreciated.

4. wenshu August 8, 2008 at 9:22 pm #

hello!

could i make a mix in chinese song?

thanks.

have a nice day.

5. Kamen June 5, 2008 at 7:07 am #

This service is really charming and awesome. I was wondering if there is a way to make the songs play on shuffle?

6. levy May 26, 2008 at 3:50 am #

how do i put the mixtape on my netlog ?

7. eeelya May 4, 2008 at 10:24 am #

Hey, i forgot my password, and theres no “forgot password” option on the sign in page

8. justin April 23, 2008 at 4:27 am #

there’s gotta be a way to make the tapes autostart. Any clue how?

9. Chase March 18, 2008 at 5:02 pm #

i’ve been using this since alpha and it’s pretty badass. there’s even a facebook extension. mostly ive been using mixwit to get new music from my friends, yknow see what they’re listening to.

10. Nils Geylen March 18, 2008 at 6:54 am #

Looks like they saw your screencast coz they added a new “make a mix” link at the top now. I love this. It’s so neat for sharing mix tapes without the hassle of USB sticks (or even using real tapes)!

And you could even upload your own music to a server and use that. Brilliant.

11. Casey March 17, 2008 at 7:19 pm #

I’m having trouble accessing the demo videos…not streaming for some reason. Is it just me?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Welcome to everyone… « Mixwit.Blog - March 21, 2008

[...] being one of the biggest. There’s also a couple of amazing sites with demo videos: demogirl.com (english) and Marcelino Madrigal (español). You guys seriously rock [...]

2. Mixwit Screencast | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - March 18, 2008

[...] Learners. However simple a web application appears to me, though, I always learn something new when Demogirl makes a screencast about how to use it, which she just has about [...]